Nesse post do Patrick Riley há uma ótima descrição de uma heurística de como realizar análise de dados de uma maneira um pouco mais sistematizada.
Technical: Ideas and techniques for how to manipulate and examine your data.
Process: Recommendations on how you approach your data, what questions to ask, and what things to check.
Social: How to work with others and communicate about your data and insights.
Em relação aos desdobramentos dessa heurística ele apresenta os seguintes pontos:
– Separate Validation, Description, and Evaluation
– Confirm expt/data collection setup
– Check vital signs
– Standard first, custom second
– Measure twice, or more
– Check for reproducibility
– Check for consistency with past measurements
– Make hypotheses and look for evidence
– Exploratory analysis benefits from end to end iteration
– Data analysis starts with questions, not data or a technique
– Acknowledge and count your filtering
– Ratios should have clear numerator and denominators
– Educate your consumers
– Be both skeptic and champion
– Share with peers first, external consumers second
– Expect and accept ignorance and mistakes
– Closing thoughts